Vehicle Control Unit (VCU/Control and Communication Unit) is based on the open control architecture and compliant to IEC-61375 "Train Communication Network" Protocol.
- IEC-61375 TCN Open architecture enables easy plug compatibility of 3rd party equipment like traction converter, auxiliary converter etc.
- State of the art hardware, eliminating proprietary items like ASICSs, fully addressing the obsolescence path in future.
- Real-time Operating System used is 3rd party and well proven.
- Being 3rd party tool enables hardware independence,enchances the program development,adaptability and future sustenance and migration path.
- Redundancy: Even if one processor fails the other one will take care of the functionalities. Any single processor failure will not lead into CAB failure and any single VCU failure will not lead into complete loco failure.
- Redundancy is managed by adopting appropriate hardware and software architecture without the need of additional I/O cards.